Microsoft Dynamics AX for Process Manufacturing
Customer demands for fast deliveries and lower costs, together with increasingly stringent government regulations, create many challenges for manufacturers in process industries, such as chemicals and food and beverage. Microsoft and its partners deliver systems that can help you shrink development cycles, respond quickly to customer trends, and comply with changing regulations. With the right system in place, you can improve operations, get better visibility into the supply chain, and increase your competitiveness.
Stay ahead of the competition with deep insight into your supply chain and process manufacturing life cycle, manage the complexities of formulating and producing products to custom specifications, and improve responses to customer needs. With Process Industries for Microsoft Dynamics AX, you can optimize operations and help support compliance with legal, regulatory, and market requirements to profitably satisfy customers and gain a competitive advantage. Microsoft Dynamics AX for Process Manufacturing provides the following capabilities:
Microsoft Dynamics AX for Process Manufacturing - Features
- Fuel efficiency and reduce risk across the organization with standardized processes and shared best practices.
- Reduce time spent on quoting and estimating processes with accurate costing and capacity information.
- Support modes such as make to order, make to stock, and mixed mode, or a hybrid environment.
- Analyze and monitor production costs and requirements.
- Track order status using real-time updates.
Connectivity and Communication
- Share portal-based, real-time information about specifications, order status, and quality control testing among key departments and trading partners.
- Integrate inventory, production, and critical quality control (QC) data into your buying, selling, and production decisions.
- Respond quickly to order status, certificate of analysis, and delivery queries.
Planning and Scheduling
- Gain insight into costs and process efficiency with up-to-the-minute client, contract, and project details.
- Adjust product mix to respond to changes in demand.
- Use what-if simulations to analyze capacity loadings, shop floor activities, and production costs.
- Capitalize on new opportunities, and respond effectively to changing conditions.
- Schedule multiple package types within a single production run.
- Consider recurring or rework products when scheduling.
- Deploy finite or infinite capacity and materials scheduling, backward or forward scheduling, day scheduling, or detailed scheduling by hours and minutes.
Inventory and Order Tracking
- Control inventory with real-time insight into production schedules, capacity, shop floor activities, and production costs.
- Pull inventory in the optimal sequence.
- Track order status using real-time updates on net purchasing, production, and capacity requirements.
- Define multiple inventory dimensions.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Enable customers to order in their preferred units of measure (UOM).
- Support custom configurations and packaging types.
- Provide product availability, delivery, pricing, and other critical information.
Microsoft Dynamics AX Process Industries Whitepaper
AX Connect News Update