Microsoft Dynamics AX for Discrete Manufacturing
Success in the manufacturing industry requires that you produce the right products, in the right quantities, at the right time, with good quality, and at a price the customer is willing to pay.
The flexibility to respond to compliance standards and the ever-changing needs of customers, such as providing real-time visibility into global operations, is also imperative for success. Meeting these demands requires the ability to make quick decisions based on accurate data. Microsoft and AX CONNECT deliver systems that can help you improve operations, open visibility into the supply chain, and increase your competitiveness. Microsoft Dynamics AX can help streamline processes and minimize the costs of carrying inventory for firms that produce goods from raw materials.
Lean Manufacturing for Microsoft Dynamics AX
Lean Manufacturing for Microsoft Dynamics AX can help manufacturing organizations implement, energize, and sustain lean manufacturing initiatives by delivering the tools and information support needed to streamline processes, reduce waste, enable demand-pull operations, and promote continuous improvement. As part of Microsoft Dynamics AX, robust lean manufacturing functionality complements the solution’s comprehensive customer relationship, financial, collaboration, and supply chain management capabilities to help manufacturers increase efficiency and profitability and gain a competitive advantage.
This functionality is delivered as an integral part of a flexible and familiar end-to-end business management solution complete with the business insight and collaboration tools you need to sustain lean manufacturing and gain a competitive advantage.
Reduce waste, streamline processes, accelerate demand-pull operations, and gain powerful tools for implementing and sustaining lean manufacturing initiatives that can give you a competitive advantage. Lean Manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2009 can empower your people to successfully implement kanban, kaizen, heijunka-board production leveling, just-in-time operations, and other key tactics by delivering the specific functionality, access to information, and process flexibility demanded by lean manufacturing operations.
As an integral part of a familiar and adaptable end-to-end business management solution, Lean Manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics AX can help you achieve the insight, agility, efficiency, and customer-orientation that enhance profitability and business success.
Implement lean manufacturing initiatives Lean manufacturing initiatives can increase efficiency and reduce waste by streamlining processes, improving the flow of production, and enhancing collaboration across the organization and throughout your supply chain. Lean Manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics AX can grow with your business, and the solution’s layered architecture makes it easy to adapt to specific business processes and changing needs.
Smooth connectivity with existing Microsoft programs, servers, and technologies—including Microsoft® SQL Server®, Microsoft Office SharePoint® Server, and Microsoft Office—helps maximize your overall IT investment. With Lean Manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics AX, you can accelerate efforts to achieve greater efficiency, customer satisfaction, and profitability, while helping ensure a fast return on investment and a low total cost of ownership. Microsoft Dynamics AX for Discrete Manufacturing provides the following capabilities:
• Copy a standard bill of material (BOM) to a production order and modify it as needed.
• Support negative quantities and control each item within BOM lines.
• Define the nature of the BOM line by the line type item, such as sub-production, phantom, subcontract, or normal item.
• Maintain a company default BOM or a site-specific BOM for multiple sites.
Production Order Management
• Create production orders manually, through Master Planning, or from a sales order line.
• View, track, split, roll back, or categorize orders into pools.
• Purchase services directly from subcontractors.
• Schedule forward for delivery as soon as possible; schedule backward to deliver on the latest possible delivery date.
Production Tracking and Reporting
• Update WIP and actual costs to the general ledger for an up-to-date picture of where products are in the production process.
• Automatically generate and post report consumption.
Forecast Scheduling and Master Planning
• Optimize production and materials planning and scheduling.
• Conduct finite materials and capacity scheduling simultaneously.
• Calculate reliable available-to-promise (ATP) and capable-to-promise (CTP) deliveries, tie quotations to planning materials, break down a BOM item, and determine the earliest possible delivery date based on route and incoming items.
• Plan simple, sequential, and complex networks; use simultaneous routes in the same network.
• Designate a work center as a subcontractor.
• Create finite or infinite scheduling, forward and backward from various dates.
• Use rough-cut capacity and detailed scheduling capabilities.
• Calculate expected waste per operation as a percentage.
• Organize the shop floor in logical production units at the individual sites.
• Define resources and processes for site-specific routing.
• Quickly reschedule jobs and simulate possibilities by dragging items in the Gantt chart.
• Identify production bottlenecks and reschedule the remaining route; use alternative work centers for an operation in case of scheduling overloads.
• Schedule operations with the same property back-to-back.
• Track detailed costs for resources and throughput, including work center costs.
• Track multiple job types, such as setup, transfer overlap, queue time or the process job per operation.
• Report resource consumption based on the job number.
• Check future and current capacity loads for potential bottlenecks and automatically reschedule the route to show new capacity loads.
• Configure customized products and obtain accurate pricing and delivery dates.
• Set price amounts based on choice of variables from product models; calculations can be fixed amount, percentage, or programmed per variable.
• Set default routes or validation routes and job cards for single and group variables, with the ability to create more complex rules and formulas.
• Configure Product Builder using Enterprise Portal in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Shop Floor Management
• Reduce manual data entry with automated employee time and attendance.
• Register products, resources, and items for project activity, operations, and jobs.
• Generate and export payroll data, from hourly rates to premiums and benefits.
Microsoft Dynamics AX Production Overview